· LIVING HISTORY – Learn about the 1790-1840 lifestyles in the Kickapoo Valley with demonstrations of muzzleloader shooting, fire building, fur trading and other frontier skills from presenters in authentic costumes.
Sessions at 9a.m & 1 p.m near the Visitor Center.
· HORSE-DRAWN WAGON HISTORY TOURS - Starting at Rockton Cemetery; South on Old Highway 131 Trail.
Tours at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
· RECOGNITION CEREMONY – Reception honoring Kickapoo Reserve Management founding Board Member George Nettum.
2 p.m in the Visitor Center.
· BOOK RELEASE – The Re-Publication of THE KICKAPOO VALLEY: THE GEM OF WISCONSIN written by Gertrude Frazier and Rose B. Poff in 1896. Republished by the Friends of the Kickapoo Valley Reserve as part of their local history project series.
1 p.m in the Visitor Center.
· HISTORY OF THE ROCKTON AREA – Presentation & Discussion with lots of Historic Photos.
2 p.m. in the Visitor Center.
· OLD HIGHWAY 131 TRAIL OPEN TO VEHICLES — Featuring the covered bridge, former homesteads, prairies in progress, Star Valley Memorial and scenic beauty!!
(One way travel - enter at the south end from
La Farge: Highway 131, left (west) on Seeleyburg Road just north of the ballpark in La Farge, follow signs)
Gates open 12:00 noon til 4 P.M.
· WINNING BID ANNOUNCED FROM SILENT AUCTION – ANTIQUE QUILT donated by Marie and Clifford Turner to the Friends of the Reserve is a 1930’s era signature product of the ladies of the Oden Community Club. Proceeds from the winning bid donated to the education programs at the Reserve. Bids end at 4 pm.
At the Kickapoo Valley Reserve
June 30-July 5
~SPONSORED BY THE FRIENDS OF THE RESERVE~
Ontario Mill 1970
June 30-July 5
An exhibit of photos and “virtual tour” of properties purchased for the La Farge dam project will be at the KVR Visitor Center. A silent auction for an antique quilt made by the ladies in the Oden Community Club (1930s era) will be on display for bidding. Copies of photos in the display can be purchased for a nominal fee.
Visitor Center Hours:
(Located 1.5 miles north of La Farge on State Highway 131: Phone 608-625-2960)